The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Kara Rajchel & team at kararajchel.com. The term “user,” “you” and “your” refers to site visitors, customers and any other users of the site.
The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to us which personally identifies you and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number and email address.
Kara Rajchel provides a website where users can read articles on WordPress development and web development and a service where users may purchase web development services and digital goods (the “Service”).
Information We Collect
Product Orders. We collect a variety of personal information with each product order. This includes: Your name, address, email address and phone number. This information is shared with our e-commerce software providers to ensure the delivery of your order. We use your email to communicate with you about your order and to manage our customer relationship with you. When you place an order you may be added to our mailing list from which you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link in each email or by contacting us at [email protected]
Your payment information. We collect payment information for each order but we do not store payment information on our servers. Your payment information is securely communicated to and processed via our e-commerce software providers. All personal information collected for an order is used for the fulfillment of that order and to manage our customer relationship with you.
Blog Interaction. We only collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us which may include: Your email address in order to subscribe to our mailing list; Your name, email address and/or social media profile in order to post a comment on our blog; Your full name, email address and message in order to contact us via our contact form.
Activity. We may record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
Cookies. We may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly or at all.
What do we use your information for?
Generally, we use the information we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable Privacy Notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
- for good faith compliance with the law, a court order or a subpoena.
How long is information retained?
We generally retain your information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law.
How is information collected?
- Information You Manually Provide. The Site collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use this Site, for example, we collect the information you provide when you request service, send us questions, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal information, such as your name and contact information.
- Information from your browser or device. The Site collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. We use “cookies” and other technologies to collect information and support certain features of this Site.
- Cookies (a) Collect data about the way you interact with our Site (e.g., when you use certain features or upload attachments), (b) Collect data to assess and improve our advertising campaigns, (c) Allow our business partners (including third-parties) to use these tracking technologies to track your behavior on our behalf on our Site (including when you use multiple devices) and on partner websites, (d) Enable third-parties to collect data about the way you interact across sites outside of our Site. And (e) Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users. You can manage your cookie’s data through your web browser’s settings.
- Web beacons or pixels: These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, these are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third-party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties.
- UTM Source codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator,” which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
We respect your right to access, correct, request restriction or deletion or request of our usage of your personal information and data collected as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. After verification of identity you have the right to:
- know what personal information and data we maintain about you
- request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- request update to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- request we cease our processing of your personal information and data
- request us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
In order to exercise any of these rights within this Policy, please contact the Data Protection officer listed in this Policy.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. At this time, we do not have a DNT signal policy. Until further privacy regulations and guidelines are published, we will adhere to this policy.
How Your Information is Used
The information you provide is used to process transactions, send periodic emails and improve the service we provide. We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing clients and visitors. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
Third Party Links
Security Measures. We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Sharing. Please be aware that when you use our Site to post comments and share other information, any information that you provide may not be secure and can be collected and used by others. As a result, you should exercise caution before you make such disclosures.
How to Update Your Information
If you opt-in to our mailing list, the option to unsubscribe or update will be included in every email. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us with your request at [email protected].
Notification of Changes to this Policy
You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Site and this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Updates to this Policy will be posted on this page.
Updated: May 15, 2018